Monday, December 29, 2008

Keep on practicing

December 5, 2008

It has been longer than I wanted to write more on this blog, however this bit of time has allowed me to gain some better information about blogging. Who knew that I would find more than a few good laughs from watching the Daily Show with John Stewart. Apparently the Huffington Post has a new book specifically dedicated to blogging. Am I really that behind the times now? In my defense I did recently buy a blackberry and I am still taken back by the amount of technology that I have at my fingertips.

I must give great thanks to my wife for her support in me writing this blog with good information. She sent me a link to John Erickson's blog about horn playing. Once I figure out how to post that link onto my blog I will do so.

As the Christmas break approaches very quickly for college and high school musicians please do yourself a big favor and, AT THE VERY LEAST, continue your daily routine of practicing. So many people don't take advantage of having this time off from heavy course loads. You should certainly take time to refocus and relax and enjoy your time with family and friends but don't let up on your practicing. Don't let you skills digress during this break. Spend an extra half hour each day working on your technique so you will not only just be at the same level as to when you left for break but be better than that. It takes a tough mind to want to be successful. Take advantage of this opportunity, you can do it! If you want to go even a step further, take some time to pick up a cd or download another work on your instrument. Go to an orchestra concert, go see a ballet, whatever you do keep your mind engaged. You'll thank yourself for it much sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment